+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where are the best Mata Putihs from?

T S Kan Guest

Question Where are the best Mata Putihs from?

The Mata Putih is a very popular singing bird among hobbyists in China (HK included), Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore but I wonder which country has birds that are attractive and with very good singing qualities. Anybody here has any info on this topic?

ahpeow Guest

Mata Puteh

I've always heard the Malaysian puteh is the best, I do not know it it is related to our exposure, only comparing to Indonesian putehs.

I was told Malaysian putehs are those selling at above $100 each, those selling at around $40 ~ $60 are Indonesian birds. Is it true?

I only kept Indonesian putehs before. My first 4 putehs are bought at $150 each, sure buka, very good bird. Later due to work commitment, all 4 spoilt due to no bath, no water, no food...

T S Kan Guest
    Yes the price of putehs at shops confirms what u say. But I also think we must not be biased. Every country has its own good bird. If we are lucky we may even be able to buy such a bird cheap from Indonesia or from Vietnam even.

jumbol12 Guest
    yes Mr Kan, agree! i have been keeping putehs very long.. n have not bothered which country it comes from.. as long its good.. every country will have its best!

T S Kan Guest

Advice on Putih keeping

Quote Originally Posted by jumbol12
    yes Mr Kan, agree! i have been keeping putehs very long.. n have not bothered which country it comes from.. as long its good.. every country will have its best!
    jumbol12,

Happy to have a bro like u with good experience joining in this forum on Mata Putihs. Maybe u can give us some basic advice from your experience so that putih's hobbyists can learn and benefit.

ahpeow Guest
    I currently have 4 putehs. 3 has watery dropping.

The funny thing is 2 of them are ok when I bought they, but they begin to drink lots of water and droppings become very water after a few weeks.

Me and my wife go to work with windows all close, many I asked has give me the same answer, "too stuffy".

Can experts out there share your expereince?

jumbol12 Guest

Smile watery shit

thanks Mr Kan, will try my best..

bro ah peow, there can be many reasons.. maybe yr putehs tend to play with water.. u hav to watch them to confirm this..maybe due to stuffy room.. its very warm nowdays..n putehs like to bath when they are warm.. maybe tats y the shit looks watery.. n not all birds go with our food wat we feed.. maybe they find too heaty...

hope i hav helped you.. i'm no expert.. this are all i hav from my experience keeping them.

thanks

Skyliner Guest

Smile

This topic is interesting.I feel malaysian puteh are more sought after by puteh keepers.I have heard puteh from vietnam,japan,taiwan and africa n their vocal is not as nice as comparing birds from either indonesia or malaysia.
    IMO malaysian putehs do have better sound quality birds but not every bird from there.As birds do fly or migrate so there is no certainty that particular part of area will always produce the best putehs.
    The famous Kota Tinggi putehs are well known to have good melodious singing sound quality maybe bcos of the clean water found from the river there but for what i heard there is no longer any putehs there (Not sure if it's the demand so poaching of putehs there have reduce the bird population tremendously or isit the water quality there doesn't interest the birds anymore?Hmmm)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast